Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Poland and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Poland.
Join us as a Lead Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven Lead Engineer to join us and lead the technical delivery of a software engineering team
- You’ll be responsible for leading solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this innovative and challenging role
What you'll do
In this role, you’ll run a team of developers and set the technical direction of the deliveries, applying the principles and methodologies of software engineering to the technical design, development, testing, and maintenance of applications and services.
We’ll look to you to take responsibility for the work quality of the software engineering team, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output, as well as implementing a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Monitoring the technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Supporting and mentoring the team in the understanding of relevant software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance and high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience in providing technical leadership and accountability for a software engineering team. You'll also need strong experience with Java 1.8+ and Spring Boot microservices, paired with strong REST API knowledge.
We’ll also look to you to have experience of test-driven development and the use of automated test frameworks, mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools, along with knowledge of the key phases of the software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies. Ideally, you'll also bring Kafka and MongoDB experience.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience of working in an Agile methodology, such as Scrum or Kanban
- The ability to develop software in an SOA or micro-services paradigm
- Development experience in a programming language
- Experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling
- A background of implementing programming best-practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance
- Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales