Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Germany and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Germany.
Join us as a Financial Crime & Compliance Manager, Anti Money Laundering Reporting Officer, NatWest German Branch
- This is a fantastic new opportunity for a FinCrime and Compliance Manager to take on a new career challenge in our NatWest Bank branch in Germany
- You’ll have the chance to build a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- We're going through an exciting time of development and growth, and we're looking for talented and motivated people to join us on this journey and help us shape the future of our business
- You’ll need to be fluent in both German and English to take on this role
What you'll do
Our branch in Germany is fundamental to our business strategy as it is responsible for the processing and settling of Euro payments on behalf of NatWest Bank. It also provides access to the TARGET2 payment system.
You’ll support, develop and embed the risk and control mechanisms for the business, independently overseeing and challenging effective risk and controls management within agreed risk appetite, with a particular focus on financial crime, compliance and operational risk. You’ll also have the opportunity for participating in the delivery of the Branch strategy for credit risk appetite along with assessment and underwriting of larger transactions, ensuring all borrowing applications meet credit policy and appetite.
- Support the Risk Branch Manager in the management of the Risk disciplines, including Credit, Market, Conduct, Compliance, Financial Crime, Operational, Country risk, and ensure risks are properly identified, managed and reported
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Financial Crime governance framework
- Provide advice to meet regulatory requirements and address compliance risks relating to business initiatives, projects and transactions, ensuring these issues are managed appropriately
- Assist with monitoring of business, systems and controls and provide oversight of the business Financial Crime control effectiveness as required
- Act as Anti-Money Laundering Reporting Officer with regard to the Branch's activities
The skills you'll need
You'll need expert knowledge and experience of financial crime and compliance management, including regulatory and statutory obligations, a good understanding of the German and European regulatory requirements for financial crime, and a methodical approach to managing risks through to mitigation.
You’ll also need:
- To speak, write and read fluently in both German and English
- Well developed technical risk assessment skills across a range of products and sectors, with extensive experience in the banking sector and within a risk and compliance function
- Proven financial crime and compliance experience, and in-depth understanding of risk and reward and impact on portfolio quality
- Knowledge of relevant legal policies, regulatory and statutory obligations, risk management and management of the internal governance framework
- The ability to apply initiative and operate independently with limited supervision
What else you need to know
CVs must be submitted in English.