Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a DevOps Engineer
- This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to building our DevOps engineering capability, culture and mindsets within the bank
- Promoting technical and cultural change, you’ll be accelerating learning journeys and the progressive adoption of our DevOps centre of excellence technical practices and techniques
- As you build relationships with your colleagues, you’ll be making sure that decisions are commercially focused and create long term value for the bank
What you'll do
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be mentoring and coaching feature and platform teams to higher levels of DevOps capability to drive continuous improvements and enhance the end customer experience. You’ll assess their current levels of DevOps technical capability to identify any gaps, and support them in closing these through learning workshops and training.
You’ll also be:
- Demonstrating how to measure, understand and visualise the flow and delivery of value through adopting DevOps tools, techniques and processes
- Advising teams across platform and within the centre of excellence on which DevOps capability uplifts would be best suited to their needs and abilities
- Providing feedback that builds on policies, standards, practices and associated DevOps tooling
- Making sure decisions made are based on robust data, return on investment and value measures that demonstrate thoughtful and intelligent cost management
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of setting up and maintaining Cloud infrastructure and integrating with complex networks in addition to setting up and maturing CI/CD Toolchains. Ideally you will have AWS certification and have experience of working with Gitlab.
You’ll also have knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes and an understanding of Jenkins would be an added advantage. You’ll ideally have knowledge of Mobile CI/CD and tools including Fastlane or Bitrise.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge and comfort with designing and implementing to satisfy the requirements across all layers of the tech stack from networking, cloud infrastructure management, IAM, IT Security, DevOps Tool-chain best practices and maintenance.
- Experience with designing and implementing new/greenfield AWS Cloud environments built with Terraform Enterprise.
- Experience and knowledge of common DevOps Tooling such as Gitlab (creating pipelines but also utilising the full suite of functionality in Gitlab’s ultimate license
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.