Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Poland and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Poland.
Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a technically minded individual to join us as a Software Engineer
- You’ll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
It’ll be your responsibility to apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines.
- Support the design and development of reusable libraries and application programming interfaces for use across the organisation
- Support the design and development of software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Support the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, and experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language with proven Java skills, and be able to use industry recognised frameworks and development tooling.
We’ll also be looking for a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance, together with experience of delivering products to specific timescales.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of standing up Microservices using Spring Boot, alongside experience of DevOps using CI-CD pipelines and hands-on skills in scripting using Linux
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycles and established software development methodologies
- An awareness of exposing data and functions using API’s and an understanding of event streaming and processing using Kafka