Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Review & Challenge Manager.
- You’ll support the organisation in the delivery of end to end financial control activity through the preparation and management of accounts, reconciliation schedules and other supporting documentation
- We’ll look to you to review and challenge the monthly profit and loss, liaising with the function or franchise to understand and interpret the results
- We’re looking for someone to take on a new challenge, and put their analytical and problem-solving skills to use
What you'll do
As a Review and Challenge Manager, you’ll be accountable for the delivery and integrity of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information, including balance sheet, profit and loss account, and internal and external reporting. You’ll also prepare statutory accounts for your business area’s legal entities and prepare management accounts, intercompany analysis, and assist in the delivery of budgeting and forecasting.
Along with this, you’ll act as a key partner as your proactively contribute to decision making on complex or specialist issues, demonstrating judgement and a thorough understanding of the business.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Review and challenge internal and external reporting and balance sheet substantiation
- Act as an internal customer relationship manager and effectively maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Support the delivery of accurate and timely statutory accounts for legal entities
- Complete value-added reporting and analysis to meet our customers’ needs
- Work with the team and centres of excellence to standardise processes and outputs and to undertake continuous improvement activity
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in financial control, preferably gained within financial services. You’ll have worked in a global context and will have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a changing environment. And you’ll hold a professional accounting qualification or have significant relevant experience in place of this.
We’ll also look to you to bring:
- A proven ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders and customers across organisations and geographical boundaries, influencing and challenging as required
- Up to date knowledge of accounting standards
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate issues to senior management
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous improvement activity
- An astute eye for detail, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.