Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Risk Modelling Lead Analyst
- You’ll be developing and maintaining compliant and fit for purpose Retail IFRS9 and Stress testing models used in the bank’s risk framework
- With your skills and expertise, you’ll be able to provide clear and well-presented analysis
- Join a collaborative and supportive team environment, where you’ll be valued for sharing your ideas and learning from others
What you'll do
In this key role, you’ll design, develop and maintain effective and compliant statistical risk and decision support models and related analytics. We’ll look to you to deliver analytics and performance MI relating to risk models and for the development of new and enhanced approaches, in support of improved business and customer outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing business and other stakeholders with advice and support on model use, model impact and model implementation
- Supporting regulatory engagement and internal governance in relation to risk models and model frameworks
- Providing well documented models that meet the bank’s standards and requirements
- Supporting the delivery of all milestones to agreed dates, budget and quality standards
The skills you'll need
You’ll already have experience of working in a modelling function or some related quantitative function, part of which will have been in a retail or wholesale banking environment.
We’ll expect you to be qualified to degree level in a numerate discipline with experience in data driven analysis and statistical or mathematical modelling.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of risk systems, methodologies and processes in a retail or wholesale banking environment
- A background in using programming languages on large datasets, ideally Python in a cloud environment or SAS or SQL
- An understanding of statistical techniques, and how they are applied appropriately for the benefit of the bank and our customers
- Good team working skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.