Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior UX Designer
- You’ll be a passionate advocate for great customer experiences, bringing your analytical and strategic thinking into everything we do
- You'll be at the forefront of UX design solutions that will shape our digital products and services
- In return, you’ll have a genuine impact on our customers, and will be well positioned to gain recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll be designing and in some cases leading the execution of the experience across our digital channels. You’ll also be using insight to develop compelling storyboards, journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes, and effectively communicating your thinking and ideas.
Key aspects of your role will also include:
- Working closely with product owners, researchers, visual designers and development to create both new products and features and extend existing ones
- Translating customer insights into designed experiences and forming a compelling story around it
- Working with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
- Commissioning and participating in user research and testing activities, and drawing the insight needed to make informed and user centred design decisions
- Working closely with project stakeholders to help understand and define customer value
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with an extensive portfolio that demonstrates your creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective UX solutions.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Solid information, interaction, and experience design skills, as well as the ability to create the material required to support user testing and concept communication
- Experience in translating requirements into design specifications, and working collaboratively with fellow designers, product managers, and developers
- The ability to use interaction design and visualisation tools such as Axure, Sketch and Figma
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design as well as designing for mobile first
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies and teams
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.