Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Credit Portfolio Manager
- This is an opportunity for a driven Credit Portfolio Manager to take on an exciting career challenge, working with our customer businesses and functions to provide Country Risk Assessments
- It’s a critical role that will see you making sure that all risks have been identified and effective controls are in place to monitor, manage and mitigate these risks
- The role offers excellent development and visibility, and the opportunity to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Credit Portfolio Manager, you’ll be championing the identification and assessment of Sovereign Risks, provide input into appetite setting and contribute to stress testing and sovereign models assessments.
You’ll adopt a subject matter expert status on credit related projects across the portfolios and businesses, and collaborate with risk appetite and policy teams to provide appropriate input into sector and asset class reviews and credit policies.
Your role will also involve:
- Managing the performance of Country risk tools
- Developing new country risk management tools to manage new emerging risks
- Collaborating with other teams on methodology/policy/regulatory issues
- Supporting senior management, and working collaboratively with the broader management team, in delivering the function’s objectives
- Challenging accepted practice and driving change to ensure continuous improvement and capability enhancements
- Coach, develop and support the Country Risk front line team, to carry out their day-to-day activities
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll be educated to Economics BA/BSc level or equivalent with significant experience in economics and country risk management.
We’ll also look to you to have a clear track record in analytics and economic modelling, along with experience of applying concepts for stress testing, early warning indicators and model performance.
On top of this, you’ll need:
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- A demonstrable focus on excellence, execution, timeliness of delivery and attention to detail
- A clear track record of seeking continuous improvement and innovation in delivery
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with significant experience in engaging and influencing senior management
- In depth country risk analysis skills supported by technical economics training and experience
- Large database, Bloomberg and economic modelling expertise.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.