Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Customer Service - Personal Banker in Gloucester
- You’ll be integral to guiding and supporting our valued branch customers, helping them to achieve their financial goals
- We’ll look to you to proactively find ways to enhance our customer banking experience
- We’re committed to your career progression, so you’ll join us as an Associate Personal Banker and we’ll support your development to become a Personal Banker within two years
- We’ll also help you to achieve a Foundation Certificate in Responsible Banking while working here
What you'll do
As the first point of contact in our branches, customers will be at the very heart of your role. So you’ll be committed to providing outstanding service in every interaction. You’ll work with high levels of accuracy as you provide each customer with a seamless and positive experience.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Having proactive conversations, understanding the needs of our customers and helping them with their banking needs
- Completing general banking requests such as payments, balance enquires and transfers
- Helping customers to understand the different ways they can bank with us and the range of services we can offer
- Identifying opportunities to help customers with simple financial products, and collaborating with other teams to provide a seamless customer experience
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be motivated and driven to develop your career and have a customer centric approach to your work. Strong communication skills are a must, as you’ll need to highlight the benefits of our products and procedures to our customers in a way that’s easy to understand.
You’ll also need:
- A passion for customer service and strong attention to detail
- The ability to thrive under pressure and have the determination to continuously improve service for our customers while meeting your personal and branch goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- The commitment to develop new skills and responsibilities
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers when it’s most convenient for them so you’ll need to work flexibly.
This role is not eligible for Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship so applicants must have an alternative form of right to work in the UK.
- Part time – 22.5 hours per week
- You’ll typically be working during branch opening hours 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday and rotational Saturdays, working hours will be discussed at interview
You'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you're ready and have mastered your current role, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: Your salary will be starting from £17,730 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £17,730 (which is £9.74 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme. You'll have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work Bank Holidays. Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.