Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Jersey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Jersey.
Join us as a Mortgage Manager
- You’ll be leading a team of mortgage specialists across Jersey and Guernsey, making sure that the maximum number of cases are processed and managed within service standard limits
- Through providing management information, you’ll help illustrate the volume of mortgage cases against service level agreements
- This is your opportunity to act as a figurehead for your team and become a role model by consistently demonstrating helpful banking behaviours
What you'll do
As a Mortgage Manager, you’ll be promoting a customer orientated culture that’s motivated by a desire to do the right thing for our customers. You’ll be accountable for the performance of the team against agreed targets and will evidence steps to manage and drive performance. On top of this, you’ll oversee the performance of your colleagues, making sure that they understand our products and services while promoting these to fulfil customer needs.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Supporting the Head of Retail through deputising and undertaking ad hoc work and projects
- Managing the team to improve the customer experience and speed of resolution
- Supporting the team’s delivery of agreed commercial targets and facilitating revenue growth through performance management, encouraging a culture of continuous improvement
- Engaging with and managing internal/external stakeholders and Broker relationships
The skills you'll need
We’ll need you to have the ability to lead, motivate and provide clear direction to teams to deliver outstanding results. You’ll also have the ability to provide constructive feedback to help coach and develop your colleagues. On top of this, you’ll be able to present to senior audiences in engaging ways and with clarity.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Knowledge of the wider business and other areas within specialist banking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence at all levels
- An understanding of continuous improvement and Agile working
- The ability to take responsibility and use initiative
- CMAP qualification, or willing to complete