Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Customer Service - Senior Personal Banker in Norwich
- In this role you’ll be integral in guiding and supporting people and families to thrive through meeting their financial needs and goals
- You’ll proactively support customers, helping them realise the full benefits of our service through our digital channels, as well as helping them with more complex financial needs such as home buying and protection
- With no two days the same, you can expect lots of variety as you help us deliver a banking service that’s beyond what’s expected
- We’ll support you to achieve the Professional Bankers Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training and development programme
What you’ll do
As a Senior Personal Banker aligned to one of our branches, you’ll be in the perfect place to build great relationships and promote the benefits of alternative services to simplify and enhance customers banking experience.
Our customers will look to you to support them in their decisions as to how they bank with us. You'll act as a trusted expert, proactively providing them with the knowledge they need to make the most of their money and making sure they're fully informed when it comes to the products and services we offer.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Meeting and supporting customers via video banking from home or face to face in a branch
- Conducting financial health checks and reviewing customer accounts
- Identifying products and services that are right for our customers, helping them to make the most of their money and savings
- Identifying opportunities to help customers with more complex needs such as mortgages, private banking, business banking and protection
- Completing outbound care calls to customers to grow and maintain the relationship
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for delivering excellent customer service in every interaction and who is motivated and driven to develop their career and meet branch and personal goals. As a trusted Adviser you’ll strive to improve standards for our customers, looking for ways to make their lives easier and taking the stress out of banking.
We’ll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a customer service environment with the ability to thrive under pressure and achieve customer satisfaction
- The ability to build rapport and trust with customers in both face to face and virtual environments and provide them with the right options for their circumstances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a genuine interest building relationships
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers when it’s most convenient for them so you’ll need to work flexibly within your contracted hours.
This role is not eligible for Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship so applicants must have an alternative form of right to work in the UK.
- Full time hours
- Contracted hours Monday - Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
- You’ll spend time working from home and in branch
- Your typical working week will include an element of evenings and weekends, your actual working hours will be discussed at your interview
You'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you're ready and have mastered your current role, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: Your salary will start from £22,900 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive minimum salary of £22,900 and in addition you’ll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme. You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work bank holidays. Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.