Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a CRM Lead Software Engineer
- In your new role, you’ll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions
- We’ll look to you to design and engineer software focusing on the customer or user experience as the primary objective
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career as you develop the discipline of software engineering across the business
What you'll do
As a CRM Lead Software Engineer, you’ll design, develop and deploy applications capable of meeting and exceeding the anticipated load, performance and availability volumes, including load balancing, performance testing and benchmarking.
You’ll be working within a feature team and using extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
- Define and develop architecture models and roadmaps to meet business and technical requirements, driving common usability across products and domains
- Define, create and provide oversight and governance of engineering and design solutions, with end-to-end automation, simplification, resilience, security, performance, scalability and reusability
- Collaborate with platform and feature teams to design and engineer complex software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services
- Design, produce, test and implement our working code
- Work across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background of over nine years' experience in software engineering, which will have included internationalisation and accessibility as a primary objective. We'll also look for you to have knowledge of, or skills in, Power Automate, Azure Functions, PowerShell, Azure Data Lake, Cognitive Services, MSMQ, Java Splunk and Insights, along with data modelling, design, mapping and analytics.
You’ll also have experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking or stubbing and unit testing tools. It’ll be ideal if you have a background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis as well as experience of designing and implementing APIs
- Coding experience in multiple programming languages
- Experience of DevOps and Agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies
- Knowledge of relational, in-memory, distributed and NoSQL databases
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance