Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Cloud Security Engineer
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone highly interested in security to help develop and improve Mettle’s security posture
- You’ll play a key part in securing our cloud native IaaS and PaaS services at Mettle.
- It’s a hands on and critical role that will see you helping to make sure we roll out applications that are as safe and secure as possible for our customers
What you'll do
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you’ll be working closely with the Head of Security to define and develop the necessary tools and processes that will improve Mettle’s security posture. You’ll be working with security tooling to develop more tools as the business grows, and promoting and implementing new security initiatives.
Working in our Security team, you’ll also work closely with architects and engineers to develop security guardrails for cloud native services and solutions. While the majority of our core services are in AWS, we do have an increasing number of use cases utilising GCP, so you’ll be exposed to both throughout the course of your work.
You’ll also be:
- Continuously improving detection and visibility for security events across our cloud infrastructure
- Promoting and implementing new security initiatives and trialing new security tools
- Delivering continuous improvement to our cloud platform security while balancing security against other business requirements
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone who’s highly interested in security with an ability to work in a fast paced environment.
You’ll also need:
- Experience with AWS or GCP IaaS and PaaS
- Experience of using Terraform or other declarative infrastructure paradigms
- A good understanding of network design and distributed computing
- Good working knowledge of containers and kubernetes
- The ability to build continuous delivery pipelines
- A good understanding and knowledge of common industry cyber security frameworks
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.