Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior Data Scientist
- We’re currently looking for people to join our Data Science & Innovation, Climate, Marketing, Commercial, Finance & Fraud, Fin Crime and Service Analytics teams.
- You’ll be identifying and working with large, complex data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- We’ll look to you to actively participate in the data community to identify and deliver opportunities to support the bank’s strategic direction through better use of data
- This is an opportunity to achieve excellent exposure in a challenging role and to make a real impact with your work
What you'll do
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be evaluating and improving business processes and products using scientific rigour and statistical methods. You’ll be managing and leading with multidisciplinary teams of data engineers, data scientists and analysts in project teams, coaching and leading as appropriate.
You’ll also be:
- Developing and deepening your knowledge of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for product development
- Communicating effectively across our functions and franchises to draw conclusions from your work and present findings and recommendations to senior non-technical stakeholders
- Conducting analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Proposing methods and building prototyping data analysis pipelines to provide insights that will ultimately lead to production deployment
- Identifying new methods, tools, techniques and opportunities to deliver business value via cost reduction, income generation or improved customer experience through the application of data science
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need evidence of leading projects as a Data Scientist . Additionally, you’ll hold a degree in a quantitative discipline or have evidence of equivalent practical experience.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience with statistical software, database languages, big data technologies and cloud environments
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data
- The ability to demonstrate leadership
- The ability to demonstrate self-direction and a willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt the communication style to a specific audience
- Extensive relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models and sampling methods
- Extensive work experience in leading others, presenting and defending outputs
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.