Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Procurement Delivery Lead in Core Software
In this senior role leading the Core Software category for the bank, you will have ownership of the Software and Software as a Service (SaaS) supply chain providing enterprise applications and tools as well as the bank’s data and analytics capabilities
We’ll look to you to give us a competitive advantage and improve our customer experience
- You’ll be supporting, developing and delivering innovative supply chain solutions that align with our cost and risk appetite expectations
- This is an opportunity to achieve excellent exposure in a highly visible role and to make a real impact with your work
- This role is available nationwide
What you'll do
As a Procurement Delivery Lead, you’ll be leading joined-up, global supply chain strategies and solutions that incorporate the full contract life cycle across multiple spend categories, geographies, and business areas. You'll lead a team and own the full sourcing lifecycle including: business partnering, category strategy development and execution and supplier relationship management
You’ll also be leading the development and management of our supply base in line with our strategy, including owning and developing key strategic suppliers on behalf of the bank, identifying potential new suppliers and managing and improving supplier performance.
In addition, you’ll be:
- Delivering proactive plans and prioritising all available resource to ensure efficient delivery and management of the supply base in line with our objectives
- Undertaking contract and financial signing authority in line with published delegated levels of authority and regional variations
- Leading and building strong networks across the supply market and other external organisations, including competitors, and developing deep insights and analysis
- Implementing the stakeholder management strategy and be recognised for delivering an excellent supply chain service to those stakeholders
- Leading the building of a deep understanding of the franchises, functions and business areas relevant to the successful supply chain strategy, and designing and delivering solutions that meet and challenge their requirements
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need commodity and supply chain market knowledge across a variety of global supply chain categories with a demonstrable track record of success in implementation. You’ll be educated to a degree level or equivalent, and you’ll have experience of leading and developing strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts to deliver sustainable improvements.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- Experience of applying supply chain skills and techniques to positively disrupt business strategy and outcomes
- A proven track record in taking ownership for resolving issues within a supply chain services environment
- Experience of designing and implementing a variety of supply chain models, such as offshore, outsourcing, utility and make versus buy
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build and maintain complex and multiple business stakeholder relationships
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.