Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Platform Engineering Lead
- This is an opportunity to take on a high-profile role, which will see you design, build, deliver and run highly reliable, scalable and secure platform and software systems
- You'll be leading team(s) of talented platform and DevOps engineers, working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
- You will work closely with the rest of the organisation to spread the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps culture and empower the teams, making sure SRE is not a gatekeeper in the organisation, but an enabler
- Honing your existing management and platform engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do:
We’ll look to you to lead, mentor and grow engineers, oversee the quality of their work making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output and support them resolving complex problems.
- Own and creates the Platform technical road map with the right architecture, solutions & commercial value
- Be responsible for all aspects of change, run and operational health of our platforms; including design architecture, build, test, implementation, risk , security, stability, resilience and life-cycling of the platform applications and services aligned to the business & technology vision
- Have people management responsibilities for a small team and support recruitment, management of talent and performance
- Proactively promote increased code quality, coverage and best practice
- Make sure platforms and operational issues, defects, maintenance activities are prioritised appropriately and provide highly available and performing solutions
- Own, develop and improve platform engineering tools, processes and ways of working
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of building and designing scalable and performant platforms and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of an organisation. We’ll look to you to lead a team of highly skilled engineers.
You’ll also need:
- Extensive hands-on experience in design, build and deployment of Microsoft Azure tech stack, particularly PaaS resources and AKS implementations using CI/CD
- Experience of managing engineering teams onshore and offshore
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure AD, Microsoft 365, Device Management/End Point Manager, and cloud best practices across platform and security
- Experience with Full Stack Observability e.g. New Relic, Data Dog and technologies such as PowerShell, JSON, Java Script, BICEP, Terraform, Jenkins
- Strong communication and presentation skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.