Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Poland and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Poland.
Join us as an Engineering Manager
- As an Engineering Manager, you’ll set the strategic direction of the team, supported by the senior technical members
- You’ll take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of strategic and tactical projects, delivering agreed business outcomes and coordinating various technology and change teams to achieve this
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to share their subject matter expertise and help shape the future direction of the function
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to be making sure that project deliverables can achieve customer goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership, as well as making sure that the reputation of the bank is built, safeguarded, and kept foremost in the mind, while interacting with all stakeholders.
You’ll also be:
- Making sure that work done is aligned to the principles of software development across the bank
- Delivering architectural and functional improvements that will have a positive impact on our technology estate and business
- Driving and contributing to the technology strategy roadmap
- Understanding and incorporating requirements originating from the programmes in which the project team is involved
- Influencing delivery plans and coordinating delivery across multiple projects and deliverables
The skills you'll need
Experience in leading an engineering team as well as a large number of people will be required, as will knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycles and established software development methodologies. We’ll also look for experience in driving change through to a successful conclusion and the ability to influence at all levels.
Experience of the mortgage market would be beneficial, as would experience of even sourced architecture.
You’ll also bring:
- The ability to demonstrate your work with Java, REST APIs and microservices
- Good knowledge of technical architecture and the functionality of applications used to support the business
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
- The ability to quickly understand and be familiar with complex systems
- Strong knowledge of project finances and reporting
- Experience of delivering projects in geographically dispersed teams