Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Guernsey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Guernsey.
Join us as a Currencies Sales Manager
- If you’re highly analytical and have a keen interest or background in economics and financial markets, you’ll thrive in our RBS International Markets business
- Working closely with your team in a dynamic and mostly office-based environment, you’ll build long-term partnerships with our institutional clients to understand their needs and create tailored solutions that help them to grow and prosper
- This is a regulated and customer-facing role, where you'll be fully trained and will need to pass regulatory exams to demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skills to fulfil your regulatory accountabilities
- You can be based in either Guernsey or Jersey, but you’ll need to clearly state on your CV that you have the right to live and work in these locations
What you'll do
As our Currencies Sales Manager, you’ll harness your team’s passion and expertise to deliver outstanding customer service and successful outcomes for our institutional clients. Operating in a robust risk framework, you’ll be responsible for pricing, selling and executing spot and forward FX transactions and interest rate derivatives for your clients.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Partnering with Relationship Directors and other teams across the bank to develop a holistic understanding of each clients’ needs
- Providing tailored client solutions by carefully matching each clients’ needs with relevant approved products
- Sharing your knowledge and expertise with your management team to help shape and drive a forward-looking strategy for Markets Sales
- Fostering client relationships at a senior level to gain a deeper understanding of their business and industry, and act as an essential business partner to them
- Championing a culture where teamwork, collaboration and diverse thinking is valued and celebrated
- Acting as a role model to your colleagues and providing mentorship, development opportunities and coaching
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be customer-focused, team-oriented and highly analytical to make an impact in this role. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes pressurised environment, and demonstrate your ability to lead, manage and motivate a customer-led sales team to deliver successful outcomes.
Experience in FX sales would be a real advantage too.
You’ll also bring:
- A keen interest or background in economics and financial markets
- Broad knowledge of various financial markets products
- A deep understanding of the regulatory environment and its impact on our bank and our customers
- Excellent risk awareness and experience of identifying, managing and mitigating risks
- Great communication and interpersonal skills