Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a TechOps / Site Reliability Engineer:
- Provide exceptional support to our internal and external customers through building, delivering and running highly reliable, automated and ultra-scalable platforms
- Responsible for the availability and reliability of critical platform services and applications, ensuring they meet the requirements of internal and external users
- Honing your existing engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do:
Work closely with the other team members to provide self-service and self-healing platforms to the engineering teams, applying modern software engineering practices to infrastructure
- Contribute to Site Reliability Operations (tickets, support, incident response, on-call rota, toil automation)
- Define, promote and implement best practices around Continuous Delivery pipelines, automated change/release processes, release strategies
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Support managing suppliers in a complex mutli-party technical landscape
- Proactively leads improvement to release quality into production and provide highly available, performing and secure production systems
- Implement proactive monitoring and alerting to ensure proactive response to outages.
- Continuously implements and improves tools supporting production systems, users and ITSM processes
- Accountable for performance of internal systems and 3rd party supplier performance
- Support the internal users and continuously seeks new innovative ways to improve service and automate
The skills you'll need
- Hands-on experience of Azure
- Excellent knowledge of DevOps and IT Service Management
- Experience with Full Stack Observability e.g. New Relic, Data Dog and technologies such as PowerShell, JSON, Java Script, BICEP, Terraform, Jenkins
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement and performance bottlenecks
- Knowledge of automation of IT request fulfilment process through orchestration, ServiceNow
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.