Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a UX Designer
- We'll look to you to be a passionate advocate for great customer experiences, bringing your creative and strategic thinking skills
- You'll be at the forefront of UX design solutions that employ and improve our principles, standards and design patterns, centred around best practice, consistency and re-use
- In return, you’ll have a genuine impact on our customers, and will be well positioned to gain recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
As a UX Designer, you’ll be inventing and designing websites and software applications which provide compelling and seamless customer experiences. This will be for native and browser-based experiences across desktop and mobile platforms. We’ll look to you to develop high level storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas for both strategic programmes and streams of work. Effectively, you’ll be delivering consistent, efficient and enjoyable UX designs.
Key aspects of your role will also include:
- Working closely with product owners, researchers, visual designers and development to create both new products and features and extend existing ones
- Helping to translate customer insights into designed experiences and forming a compelling story around it
- Working with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
- Commissioning and participating in user research and testing activities, and drawing the insight needed to make informed and user centred design decisions
- Working closely with project stakeholders to help understand and define customer value
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with an extensive portfolio, which demonstrates creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective UX solutions. You’ll have an eye for visual interaction details, coupled with excellent communication skills, in order to champion interface designs and thinking with product owners and developers, and present your work in an effective way.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Extensive experience of delivering interface designs for use in high performance environments
- Significant experience in supporting user centred design processes and creating the material required to support user testing and concept communication
- The ability to use interaction design and visualisation tools such as Axure and Sketch
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design and a background in human-computer interaction, or a related field
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies and teams
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.