Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Middleweight Product Designer
- In this key role, you’ll contribute to great design thinking and UX and UI design capability to deliver solutions which meet customer needs and business objectives
- You’ll provide high quality designs which meet the needs of our customers and fulfil our business objectives
- You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with product owners, researchers, digital experience managers and developers to create seamless user experiences
What you’ll do
As a Middleweight Product Designer, you’ll be working within cross-functional design teams to deliver best-in-class solutions for the bank’s digital projects, delivering the usability and market success of our new and current products. We’ll look to you to demonstrate your UX thinking and your ability to problem solve and translate customer insights into designed experiences with end-to-end design thinking and full creative ownership.
You’ll also be:
- Producing journey maps, wireframes, hi-fidelity UI and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas for both strategic programmes and streams of work
- Applying design thinking, user experience skills and creativity to produce high quality output
- Participating in ideation, brainstorming and critic workshops for strategic programmes and streams of work
- Working in Agile project teams to deliver user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
The skills you’ll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of designing customer facing digital applications and products, with customer focused designs and ideally including native mobile design. You’ll also bring the ability to work well in an agile, fast paced and data driven environment.
We’ll also expect you to have:
- Experience in projects which launch customer focused digital products
- An understanding of user research and the benefits that these insights have on design solutions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of creating solutions that combine the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.