Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Testing Analyst
- We’ll look to you to undertake testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality, to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principles
- You’ll be supporting the delivery of testing projects, identifying impact and managing resulting change
- Joining a collaborative team, you can expect great visibility for you and your work as you work with a range of key stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Testing Analyst, you’ll be supporting the completion of system integration, user acceptance and regression testing within release schedule deadlines, and escalating issues identified during testing to make sure adequate resolution or workaround is implemented.
You’ll be proactively identifying areas for improvement, escalating through appropriate governance routes and working with others to ensure fit for purpose, client centric solutions. We’ll look to you to provide a technical point of reference to the department on a day-to-day basis, and act as the first point of contact on key issues with associated internal and external businesses.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Providing support in highlighting all software, including non functional requirements and hardware requirements and making sure that the test environment is fit for purpose through smoke or sanity testing
- Understanding and analysing testing requirements, working with colleagues to plan and manage the work necessary to perform and monitor testing for projects
- Reviewing, analysing and providing feedback on project documents to aid the creation of test plans, test schedule and test strategy
- Producing test plans to detail the approach to the planning and execution of tests for a specific phase of testing aligning to the test strategy
- Establishing and building relationships to facilitate the achievement of goals and support the momentum of projects throughout the project lifecycle
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an established, functional tester with investment domain knowledge and a strong understanding of SQL, NoSQL and database concepts. You'll also need good development and scripting skills in Java and language specific libraries, and good knowledge of Selenium, Cucumber and TestNG.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need practical experience of testing design, planning and execution, along with proven application of testing methodologies. You’ll additionally need strong organisational skills, and the ability to plan and prioritise your workflow effectively.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- An understanding of web specific technologies and challenges
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD and version control tools
- Experience of systems development lifecycle
- Experience in non functional testing-load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and back-out
- Excellent analytical skills