Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Technical Specialist
- We’ll look to you to contribute to the development of end-to-end solutions and translate problems and opportunities into high level solutions
- You’ll be providing high quality analytical input to support the development and implementation of innovative processes and problem resolution
- Hone your existing technical expertise and take on a role with great career development potential and the chance to make a real difference for our business
What you'll do
As a Technical Specialist, you’ll be defining appropriate technical solutions for programmes and platforms with expertise to meet business requirements in accordance with business-wide change standards.
You’ll also be undertaking high quality technical analysis, design and delivery of technology solutions or components, including technical guidance, development, configuration and management services for technologies, platforms and products.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Capturing, validating and documenting technical requirements, making sure they are in line with key strategic principles
- Building and maintaining a positive working relationship with stakeholders and third party suppliers across multiple franchises and functions
- Utilising our standard processes by understanding the development lifecycles and minimum mandatory requirements
- Helping to manage the application of and compliance with our change framework and standards, including the use of Agile methodology
- Articulating and quantifying technical impacts in a tangible manner, which allows stakeholders to make informed decisions
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience of applying technical analysis tools and techniques.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- The ability to influence, elicit and translate requests from business partners into technical requirements and user stories
- Experience of Agile and DevOps tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of SAO, mobile or digital services, security, infrastructure, Network and cloud services
- A strong background in an environment where products and enhancements must be delivered to short delivery cycles
- Excellent collaboration, stakeholder and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues and stakeholders
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.