Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Customer Service Adviser
- We’ll look to you to deliver successful outcomes for your customers by investigating their queries and understanding their needs
- You’ll be liaising with customers and businesses to accurately collect information in order to solve their queries
- You’ll be able to showcase your knowledge and enthusiasm as you deal with a variety of different customers on a daily basis
What you'll do
As a Customer Service Adviser, you’ll be responding to queries from customers promptly and tactfully within our SLAs. We’re looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills to listen to our customers, develop relationships with them and maintain an understanding of their needs at all times.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Resolving queries at first point of contact or with the involvement of other departments and escalations managed when required
- Authorising and investigating all transactions to our KPIs
- Collecting and analysing the required information from the customers and businesses
- Reviewing processes which could be automated or enhanced to improve the customer and business experience
- Managing and building strong and effective relationships with a specific customer sector and their supporting network of stakeholders
- Supporting training and knowledge sharing within the centre
- Utilising in depth knowledge of bank and industry systems to provide support to customer, stakeholders and colleagues
- Proactively identifying and managing day-to-day activities within risk appetite, displaying behaviours consistent with a risk culture where risk is simply part of the way we work and think
The skills you'll need
In order to excel in this role, you’ll have strong customer service abilities along with customer and industry knowledge. You’ll also work well in a fast-paced environment and have good organisational skills to deliver to deadlines.
You'll be expected to complete all mandatory training/accreditations applicable to your role.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- A clear understanding of customer and/or stakeholder needs to deliver the most appropriate and effective solution
- An awareness of changes in trends, policies and regulations
- An understanding of our industry and its customers
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.