Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Risk Modelling Principal Analyst
- Take on a varied role, developing and maintaining quantitative models used for credit scenario analyses within the bank’s risk framework
- In this high profile role you’ll also actively participate in stakeholder management throughout the various stages of models’ lifecycle
- Join a talented and diverse team where collaborative culture is fully embraced and use of new tools and ways of working is encouraged
What you'll do
In this key role, you’ll play an integral part in the design, development and maintenance of effective and compliant models, and their related analytics and MIs.
You’ll also be:
- Providing stakeholders with advice and support on model use, model impact and model implementation
- Supporting stakeholders through developing and maintaining risk and decision-support models
- Supporting the delivery of all milestones to agreed dates, budget and quality standards
- Supporting internal governance and regulatory engagement in relation to risk models and model frameworks
- Providing actionable MI on all aspects of model performance
- Providing well documented models that meet the bank’s standards and requirements
The skills you'll need
- Experience of working in a modelling function or some related quantitative function. Ideally, you'll have strong practical experience in statistical modelling development in wholesale credit risk (for example Stress Testing, IFRS9, regulatory capital models or operational scorecards)
- Degree level qualification in a numerate discipline
- AWS and Python modelling experience would be highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with an understanding of how spreadsheets and data packages can be used to analyse numerical data, as well as the ability to identify issues and trends from data and create analytical solutions
- Excellent ability to translate complex and statistical techniques into simple, easily understood concepts
- A keen eye for detail with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Collaborative mindset, in order to plan and organise workloads to meet agreed targets
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work as part of a team, sharing ideas and learning from others
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.