Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Client Operations Collateral Manager
- This is an opportunity to join us in Client Operations, where you’ll be supporting our collateral operations process and helping to mitigate credit risk for the bank
- We’ll be asking you to deliver collateral margin management across bilateral over-the-counter and repo transactions and across clearing
- You'll enjoy considerable variety in your role, and you'll have valuable exposure to senior stakeholders across the business
What you'll do
As a Client Operations Collateral Manager, you’ll be working with a range of stakeholders including counterparties, Credit and the front office to mitigate credit risk for the bank. As such, you’ll be agreeing and booking margin calls for exposures above thresholds while also undertaking investigations and reconciliations to identify collateral discrepancies.
You’ll also be:
- Making sure the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) and Global Master Repurchase Agreement (GMRA) terms are adhered to
- Authorising collateral payments within approvals matrix parameters
- Actively managing exceptions, including margin calls, cash and bond fails, and reconciliations
- Calculating and monitoring bilateral margin, including initial margin and variation margin
- Setting policies on the pricing, reserving and risk management related to collateralised trading
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with sound knowledge of ISDA, specifically a Credit Support Annex, and GMRA margin provisions, as well as an in-depth understanding of collateral management. You’ll be educated to degree level, preferably in a finance or banking related discipline, and you’ll have experience working in an investment operations role.
In addition to this, you’ll have:
- A solid grasp of the legal, credit and operational risks associated with collateral
- An in-depth understanding of over-the-counter derivatives and fixed income products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work well in a fast paced environment and prioritise your workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.