Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Middle Office Lead
- We’re looking for an established communicator to engage and motivate a Middle Office team
- You’ll be recognised as a subject matter expert in your field, as you provide trading and sales support to the business
- Hone your existing skills and expand your network, in this fast-paced and varied role
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll be joining the Transaction Control team, providing middle office operational support on a wide range of complex financial instruments. You’ll provide support to sales and trading, and you’ll make sure that the control framework is supervised and evidenced. You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with Trader Control, Finance teams and Market Risk on regular and ad-hoc requests.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Managing targets and deadlines, and ensuring high levels accuracy and completeness of all trade bookings
- Validating complex trades booked by the traders
- Ensuring the timely resolution of any issues around the processes performed
- Identifying improvements in processes and the working environment to obtain efficiencies
- Communicating complex issues clearly and concisely to varying levels of management, users, and team members
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with at least five years of team management experience with extensive experience in the financial sector, especially in the Transaction Control space. This will be alongside a background of working in an environment with a strong customer focus, with the ability to proactively work with demanding customers in a flexible manner. You’ll also need strong analytical and root cause analysis skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads in a time-pressured environment. Knowledge of portfolio optimisation, especially compression would be beneficial.
We’ll also expect:
- Working experience in settlements, confirmation team or in middle office for derivatives and cash products
- Product knowledge regarding interest rate swaps, basis swaps, cross currency swaps, loan, deposit, forward rate agreement, foreign exchange, credit and overnight index swaps
- Experience of trade stamping and mandatory knowledge of clearing
- Experience in handling escalation or workarounds
- Working knowledge of SoX control framework
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong business relationships in a changing and fast moving environment
- Flexibility to work in shifts