Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Financial Crime Decision Support Team Manager - Strategic In-life
- As a Financial Crime Decision Support Team Manager - Strategic In-life you’ll lead a team of analysts and play a pivotal role in the escalation and decision for complex queries relating Financial Crime risks to safeguard our customers and corporate clients
- In this fast-paced role you’ll demonstrate your expert Financial Crime knowledge when assessing the current risks relating Anti-money laundering (AML) or Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements
- This role is an excellent opportunity for a proven people leader who will have the ability work collaboratively with a progressive team that is eager to adopt new technologies to support bank’s key strategic objectives
- This role can be location agnostic and other locations will be considered for this role
What you'll do
As a a Decision Support Team Manager - Strategic In-life you’ll support the Decision Support Strategic In-life Lead that will see you working collaboratively across the groups Financial Crime teams Leads in ensuring we make purpose led decisions and allowing families and communities to thrive in protecting the bank from Financial Crime risks
Focusing on AML and KYC related matters, you’ll be supporting key projects based on regulatory changes affecting systems, processes, customer experience and proposition. You’ll manage complex cases both, internally and externally, making sure that delivery remains in-line with operational, customer and business needs. We’ll also, then look to you to translate business requirements into clear an concise functional designs to your team of analysts and stakeholders
You’ll also be:
- Leading the analysis on how changes to the business operating model will impact existing procedures and driving recommendations
- Making sure that changes to systems are successful, including providing business system support and managing communications
- Collaborating with and influencing technology partners to drive system improvements and resolve defects or incidents
- Gathering and maintaining critical MI to help meet assurance and compliance objectives
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have experience of making financial crime risk based decisions on various customer and corporate scenarios that will arise through AML and CDD matters as well as from media events or regulatory developments.
You’ll also be part of the banks Monitoring rollout of the Strategic In-life new platform ensuring any defects are raised by the teams and testers, so we’ll need to work collaboratively and quickly highlighting defects and tracking from implementation and perform as intended
You’ll also need:
- To coach and mentor a team of analysts and building future capability through training and performance
- To build the future strategic direction of the team in collaboration with our other team leads.
- Knowledge of operations such as process management and products technology governance
- The ability to develop business and technical architectures
- A background in project management methodologies and project documentation
- Strong knowledge of business requirements and emerging supply chain thinking
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.