Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Universal Analyst
- This is an opportunity to establish a set of self-service data governance capabilities within our NatWest Markets business
- We’ll look to you to provide an analytical service so that we can better understand our customers, processes, channels, products and overall business
- You'll be joining a forward thinking and collaborative team environment, where you can expect great visibility for you and your work as you work with a range of stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Universal Analyst, you’ll use your passion for data and analytics to help develop and improve our business processes to benefit the bank as well as our customers. To do this, you’ll simplify our data into clear data visualisations and compelling insight to resolve problems and implement innovative processes, while making clear and actionable recommendations and spotting potential business issues and opportunities.
It’s a highly collaborative role which will see you working closely with your data colleagues and data governance teams to trial, challenge and refine the right questions within our bank-wide framework, as well as with colleagues in our legal entities to respond to regulatory requests and internal and external audit findings.
Along with this, you’ll be:
- Working with experts across our business areas to assess the quality of data used in regulatory, customer and financial reporting as well as the controls around the reporting
- Providing analytical support to bank-wide projects, bringing your analytical expertise to cross functional working groups
- Applying appropriate statistical techniques and concepts to develop data led solutions to business problems
- Performing data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis
- Keeping up to date with the latest technical developments within analytics and making sure that changes to industry best practices are adopted
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a track record of delivering an analytical service and experience of using statistical techniques to articulate and translate business problems. You’ll be educated to a degree level in a numerate discipline or you’ll have equivalent practical experience in an analysis related field.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Experience with analytical or database querying software such as SQL, SAS, R or Python
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- The ability to identify wider business impacts or opportunities across key outputs and processes
- Experience of managing risks, either operationally or as part of a project team