Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior UX Designer
- We're looking for an experienced UX designer with a deep understanding of user-centred design, looking to grow their capabilities within a multi-disciplined design team
- You'll be at the forefront of UX design solutions that employ and improve our principles, standards and design patterns, centred around best practice, consistency and re-use
- In return, you’ll have a genuine impact on our customers, and will be well positioned to gain recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll be leading and designing solutions across native and browser-based web and mobile applications which provide compelling and seamless customer experiences. We’ll look to you to develop journey maps, wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction, and design ideas for both strategic programmes and streams of work. Effectively, you’ll be driving and delivering consistent, efficient and enjoyable UX designs.
Key aspects of your role will also include:
- Working closely with product owners, researchers, UX and UI designers and development teams to create innovative solutions for our customers
- Translating customer insights into designed experiences and forming a compelling story around it
- Working with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
- Participating in user research and testing activities, and drawing the insight needed to make informed and user centred design decisions
- Working closely with project stakeholders to help understand and define customer value
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with an extensive portfolio, which demonstrates creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective UX solutions. You’ll have an eye for visual interaction details, coupled with excellent communication skills, in order to champion UX thinking with product owners and developers, and present your work in an effective way.
You'll also have the ability to strategically lead UX projects and maintain a focus on collaborative problem solving and creating great customer experiences. And you'll bring experience of planning and facilitating design sprint workshops, building an delivering presentations and communicating with multi discipline teams and key stakeholders.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Significant experience in supporting user centred design processes and creating the material required to support user testing and concept communication
- The ability to use UX software and tools such as Axure
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design and a background in human-computer interaction, or a related field
- Knowledge of process flows, customer journey mapping and service design blue-prints and an understanding of low definition wireframing as a key step in the process of iterative design
- Good critical thinking skills and the ability to constructively challenge key decisions with stakeholders and influence cohesive solutions
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.