Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
- We’ll look to you to develop and implement core infrastructure technologies, products and services against customer and non-functional requirements
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you’ll make sure the infrastructure technology is engineered to comply with security, availability and resilience, performance and capacity
- You’ll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
What you'll do
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be contributing to and managing the selection, creation and maintenance of infrastructure technologies required to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring alignment to the Chief Technology Office (CTO) strategic targets and architecture outcomes.
You’ll also be:
- Working to reduce our technology carbon footprint through API development as well as designing and pursuing automated solutions and support tools for repetitive manual effort
- Working with the various Feature Teams to produce high quality technical outcomes
- Playing a major engineering role across all Platforms and Domains to collaborate and deliver value to the business
- Working with the Platform Lead, Product Owners and Domain Architect and other key stakeholders to create strategy, prioritise, plan and refine the backlogs
- Responsible for the most complex and risk exposed technical infrastructures
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Providing operational support to other infrastructure teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the organisation
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk based decisions. On top of this, you’ll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you’ll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Solid experience in Python and other languages as well as an understanding and experience of GIT / BitBucket and Golang “GO” programming language
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience of designing and pursuing automated solution and support tools for repetitive manual effort
- Experienced in REST, JSON, Swagger, frameworks, and defining schemas, CSS, HTML5
- The ability to act as a role model, mentoring and coaching colleagues within the feature teams in technical practices
- The ability to measure, understand and visualise the flow and delivery of value through the adoption of DevOps tools, technologies, techniques, patterns, and processes from inception through to technical implementation
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies paired with working knowledge of the Agile toolsets and experience of working in an Agile team
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature team, platform and domain
- A clear understanding of the DevOps mind-set, collaboration, automation and tooling
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.