Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Platform Engineer
- This is an opportunity to take on a high-profile role, which will see you design, build and improve our platforms
- You’ll be making sure that they are secure, scalable and available, collaborating across teams to share and re-utilise good practice and technology stack
- Hone your existing skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a Platform Engineer, you’ll make sure that our platforms are robust, value for money and continuously optimised. You’ll be seen to make sure the technology stack is constantly enhanced by adding new features and ensuring defects are resolved in a timely manner. In addition, we’ll also look to you to contribute to the code base and make sure that it is clean, elegant, reusable, and easy to maintain and extend.
- Proactively perform code and design peer reviews
- Make sure platforms and operational issues, defects, maintenance activities are prioritised appropriately and provide highly available and performing solutions
- Own, develop and improve platform engineering tools, processes and ways of working
- Pioneer new ideas to improve platform delivery lifecycles from design, code, automation to effective operational support
- Design, plan and implement Identity, Authentication, Mobility, Messaging and Collaboration solution to the Microsoft Cloud
The skills you'll need
You’ll need extensive hands on experience of Azure or AWS, design, build and deployment using CI or CD.
You’ll also need:
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Tools and Techs including Azure AD, Microsoft 365, Device Management/End Point Manager, cloud best practices across platform and security
- Extensive hands-on experience of real-time logging and monitoring, NewRelic, Log Analytics, AppInsight
- Extensive hands on experience of Azure, design, build and deployment using CI/CD
- Experience in IaC, PowerShell, JSON, Java Script or Terraforms, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet
- Good knowledge of cloud native, micro services including containerisation and API Management
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.