Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United States and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United States.
The US Legal & Compliance Department of NatWest Markets is looking for an analyst, interested in the law and the financial services industry, to support the Department’s attorneys and assume significant responsibility for a number of important functions of the Department. We are looking for a self-directed person with attention to detail, an eagerness to identify and assume responsibilities, and a drive to succeed and grow.
- Support the Department’s attorneys with respect to a number of important activities, including:
- defending complex litigation and conducting internal investigations;
- responding to subpoenas;
- advising regarding employment-related issues and disputes;
- responding to regulatory exams and inquiries; and
- supporting the Firm’s activities in the financial markets.
- Support as needed for other functions within the Department, including compliance, secretariat, and regulatory relations.
- Assist in the management of the Department’s:
- third-party vendor management responsibilities;
- intake and processing of bills;
- operational risk management responsibilities; and
- record-keeping responsibilities.
- Maintain the Firm’s licenses and qualifications; and
- Support the Department’s attorneys, including the General Counsel directly, on various other legal matters and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Attributes
- B.A. degree (paralegal training a plus)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in basic computer programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Strong interest in law and the financial services industry.
- Takes ownership of assignments s and manages them appropriately
- Customer-service mentality
- Desire to learn and grow
- Can be entrusted with sensitive and confidential matters
It is the policy of NatWest Markets Securities Inc. and its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Opportunity Employer -Disabled/Veteran – review "EEO Is The Law", “EEO is the law- Supplement” & “Pay Transparency Provision” posters here.