Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Associate Director in Large Corporate Real Estate Finance
- In this role, you’ll provide day-to-day support for client services, business development and relationship building, specialising in providing financing solutions to private equity sponsors
- You’ll be using your business management skills to manage new and existing client relationships, supporting the origination, structuring and execution of new lending to meet client needs
- This is an opportunity to hone your relationship management capabilities and raise your profile across the bank and the real estate finance market, in a fast-paced and varied role
- Dependent upon experience, you can expect a salary of £70,000 to £90,000
What you'll do
You'll be working as part of our market-leading Real Estate Finance team to actively manage a portfolio of customers and prospects within the private equity sponsor space, with the aim of sustaining a book of loans providing attractive risk-adjusted returns.
As you develop into your role, you’ll also be acting as a mentor and coach to less experienced team members.
In the course of your work, you’ll be:
- Prospecting for new business opportunities with the private equity sponsors, typically of £25 million to £250 million in size
- Reviewing lending opportunities, running cashflow analysis, researching markets, and proposing appropriate lending structures
- Forming part of the frontline client team and adding value to the client agenda
- Identifying and managing risks including problem loans, data quality and portfolio reporting
- Modelling expected returns and driving the delivery of financial metrics while minimising incidences of bad debts
- Maintaining high levels of market knowledge, across multiple commercial and residential sectors, to aid the underwriting and pricing of risk
- Maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders to aid the efficient delivery of new business and ensuring a seamless customer experience
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with existing experience of working in the UK real estate finance market with a lender, borrower or advisor. You'll also have an excellent understanding and working knowledge of the UK real estate markets and an existing network of contacts within the industry. You’ll already hold a Chartered Banker Diploma in Lending Skills or be willing to study and achieve this within 12 months of joining the role.
We’ll also want to see:
- Experience of analysing complex financial information
- Strong commercial understanding, with an ability to identify value by balancing risk and return
- The ability to manage a high workload in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong negotiation, organisational and planning skills
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as under your own initiative
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.