Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Jersey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Jersey.
Join us as an Assistant Director
- Join a growing business area in RBS International, providing expert administrative support to relationship directors as they manage a portfolio of institutional banking customers
- You'll be part of a supportive and collaborative team and have the opportunity to learn and develop in your role as you help us build strong, productive customer relationships
- To be considered for this role, you'll need to specifically state in your CV that you have the right to live and work in Jersey/Guernsey
- We're offering this role for a period of 12 months
What you'll do
As an Assistant Director, you'll carry out critical administrative tasks to support senior team members as they deliver transaction execution and customer service for a dedicated portfolio of customers. You'll manage customer queries and complaints in a timely manner to deliver an outstanding customer service. You’ll also own the customer journey when on boarding new customers who require additional support.
You’ll also be:
- Undertaking research and preparing for prospective client meetings
- Building your knowledge of the wider team’s portfolio and actively seeking development opportunities
- Managing risks by carrying out regular portfolio reporting and promptly escalating concerns
- Supporting outbound campaign calls
- Delivering on key objectives by ensuring fast and efficient processing of the customer journey
The skills you'll need
In this role, you’ll need to have excellent communication skills both digitally and over the telephone. You’ll also need an ability to build personal networks within the bank and externally to deliver a seamless customer experience.
We'll also need you to have achieved or be working towards appropriate professional qualifications, including the Lending Skills programme.
You’ll also be expected to have:
- An understanding of risk assessment, monitoring and control processes across a range of customer scenarios
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills, along with the ability to work collaboratively in a team
- An in-depth knowledge of the bank’s new accounts process, range of products and specific triggers to identify customer needs
- Experience of credit stewardship and regulatory and control processes
- The ability to manage risk to ensure the bank’s regulatory, operational and control processes are followed consistently