Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Apprentice
- Join our apprenticeship programme, where you’ll be completing an externally accredited programme, Software and Web Development Level 6&8 which will take you up to 24 months to complete both programmes and will set you up with excellent career prospects
- Joining our cutting-edge Technology function, you’ll be taking the first step into a long and fulfilling career
- Along with valuable exposure to a wide array of technologies, you’ll be perfectly positioned to develop your IT skills, gain qualifications, and build your professional profile
- You’ll be part of our growing community of apprentices, benefitting from a supportive and collaborative working environment
- You’ll start with us in October 2022
What you'll do
Taking on an apprentice role could be a fantastic starting point or change for your career. You’ll receive support every step of the way, with guidance, training and mentoring to help you reach your full potential. Your line manager will set you up with goals and an individual learning plan, to help you to complete professional qualifications or technical training that you’ll need to be successful in your role.
Once established in the programme, we’ll look to you, to support other new apprentices, using your experience to guide and support them.
- Completing your learning plan on time, which may include passing exams, submitting workbooks and providing evidence of your development
- Working closely with your apprenticeship learning provider and developing positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues
- Developing your knowledge and capabilities to undertake the job
- Work with various teams, systems and applications and the work you do will drive significant technology change
- Work in a hands-on, analytical, or project-based environment, depending on your skills and interests
- Throughout your programme you’ll embed knowledge and skills in –
- Investigating and defining customer requirements,
- Software design fundamentals, computer programming testing IT and Telecoms systems
- Web development and software
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a strong communicator with the ability to build great working relationships. You’ll be a good problem solver, with an added ability to think analytically and logically and adapt well to change. Crucially, we’re looking for people with a passion for learning and high levels of determination, motivation and drive to succeed.
It would be ideal if you can provide evidence of your grade A-C or Level 4, Maths and English GCSE or equivalent results, but this is not necessary to start with us as an apprentice. If you didn’t manage to achieve the desired grades or cannot provide evidence of your qualifications, then we will help you to attain them during your apprenticeship.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise your work
- A proactive and inquisitive mindset, with the ability to challenge and offer solutions
- Strong numerical and logical skills
- The ability to maintain a strong customer focus
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills,
- A keen interest in technology
- A great eye for detail
- Motivated with a passion for driving customer-focused change
How we'll reward you
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £20,000 and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You'll have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.