Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior UX Designer
- At NatWest Group our purpose is to help people, families and businesses to thrive. To do this, we listen to our customers’ needs and offer the services and support that matters most to them.
- Design has a major role to play here. Our experience principles, data insights and creativity underpin everything we do, developing effective, valuable and satisfying experiences for our 19 million customers.
- They deserve journeys that are responsive to their needs, inclusive, accessible and flexible. This is where your design skills come in.
- You’ll explore and develop solutions to real world challenges and find opportunities to improve the lives of our customers and the communities we serve.
- Our designers work in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to support some of the biggest financial brands in the UK. We're looking for a good collaborator with a passion and commitment to design around the needs of our customers and supports them at every stage of their lives.
What you'll do
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll apply user-centred design methods to craft great user experiences. From problem identification to delivery, you’ll help deliver tactical and strategic solutions for different platforms such as desktop and mobile.
You’ll develop concepts to test your ideas. You'll work with development, product and journey teams to bring them to life. You’ll be a driving force in delivering coherent, desirable and satisfying experiences.
Key aspects of your role will also include:
- Working with your peers to identify and gather user insights and turn them into products, services or features
- Delivering customer outcomes in balance with business needs and technical viability
- Communicating the value of design to deliver good customer outcomes
- Keeping a strong focus on user needs while supporting Agile project cycles and priorities
- Using common design resources and sharing knowledge to support collaboration across our design community
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a proven background in the practice of UX design. You'll need to show a creative and considered approach in leading previous projects, and a rigorous yet flexible approach to design challenges.
You'll be an effective storyteller, who can communicate and collaborate with product owners, stakeholders and developers to give strong reasoning for design choices and to present, experiment and iterate multiple concepts with supporting evidence.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Significant experience of delivering interface designs in collaboration with visual designers and content/UX writers
- Experience underpinned by a background in human computer interaction or related fields
- The ability to apply design frameworks, principles and methods to explore design challenges
- The ability to create multiple options to address problems and opportunities
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods to identify challenges and evaluate concepts, including user metrics, usability testing, surveys and card sorting
- The ability to use a variety of design tools such as Sketch and Figma
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies and teams
- A relevant degree is desirable but not essential
Please include a link to your current portfolio (with password if required).
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.