Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Apprentice
- Join our apprenticeship programme, where you’ll be completing an externally accredited programme, Financial Services Professional Level 6, which will take you up to 30 months and will set you up with excellent career prospects.
- You’ll be joining one of our Commercial Banking teams, who’ll give you all the technical training you’ll need to be successful in your role
- This is a great opportunity to take ownership of your career path and build a network across the bank
- You’ll be part of our growing community of apprentices, benefitting from a supportive and collaborative working environment
- You’ll start with us in programme in October 2022
What you'll do
Taking on an apprentice role could be a fantastic starting point or change for your career. You’ll receive support every step of the way, with guidance, training and mentoring to help you reach your full potential. Your line manager will set you up with goals and an individual learning plan, to help you to complete professional qualifications or technical training that you’ll need to be successful in your role.
Once established in the programme, we’ll look to you, to support other new apprentices, using your experience to guide and support them.
You’ll also be:
- Completing your learning plan on time, which may include passing exams, submitting workbooks and providing evidence of your development
- Working closely with your apprenticeship learning provider and developing positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues
- Developing your knowledge and capabilities to undertake the job
- Handle queries and concerns regarding a wide range of subjects, either face to face or over the phone
- Providing relationship management to business clients and customers, assessing their financial performance and proactively matching banking products and services to their needs
- Build and maintain good knowledge of our products and systems in order to provide an excellent customer journey
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a strong communicator with the ability to build great working relationships. You’ll be a good problem solver, with an added ability to think analytically and logically and adapt well to change. Crucially, we’re looking for people with a passion for learning and high levels of determination, motivation and drive to succeed.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise your work
- A proactive and inquisitive mindset, with the ability to challenge and offer solutions
- Strong numerical and logical skills
- The ability to maintain a strong customer focus
- An innovative and creative mindset
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- High quality interpersonal skills and influencing skills, with the ability to work well in a team
80 UCAS points (A levels or BTECs in England and Highers or equivalent in Scotland)
How we'll reward you
You’ll join on a competitive salary of between £21,555 and £28,035 (depending on location) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You'll have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.