Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Treasury Risk Manager
- This is a prominent role that will see you maintaining and developing a strong second line of defence across our Treasury function
- With your knowledge and experience, you’ll be providing timely, accurate and independent risk information to support our executives
- You can build on your existing knowledge of risk, and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a Treasury Risk Manager, you’ll be making sure that the function’s activities comply with our risk appetite and risk management standards. You’ll develop and deliver a suite of risk metrics, making sure that these can effectively capture the Non-traded Market Risk of the organisation. . Additionally, we’ll look to you to make sure that risk information is presented and analysed to fulfil the essential control and risk management requirements for the business to operate.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Managing the engagement with Asset Liability Management and Front Office to understand their requirements and strategic developments
- Keeping up to date with the regulatory environment in which we operate and helping to assess or implement the changes in our risk management framework
- Maintaining, documenting and monitoring the organisation’s policies and approach for your area of risk
- Reviewing and challenging current risk methodologies and portfolio make up
- Preparing market risk limit proposals for submission to senior management within Treasury and respective Risk functions
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with extensive experience from within a market risk function, ideally with exposure to capital and market or credit risk practices.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- A good understanding of financial products and Asset Liability Management
- Knowledge of risk metrics and VaR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Engage in cross-functional projects and deliveries
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.