Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- For someone with good up-to-date tax technical knowledge of the UK corporation tax system, this is a great opportunity to join our Finance function
- You'll be providing your expertise for the corporation tax compliance process and tax forecasting process for a portfolio of banks, holding companies, and subsidiaries
- It’s a great opportunity to develop your experience of banking tax within a strong, supportive team environment
What you'll do
As our Corporate Tax Manager, you will be engaged in the end-to-end tax compliance process including current and deferred tax accounting, corporation tax computations, returns, elections, tax payments and group relief, and related HMRC correspondence.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Utilising strong tax technical, IFRS / FRS 101 accounting and analytic skills to identify tax adjustments required for the purposes of the build-up of the group’s consolidated tax accounts, major corporation tax computations and budgeting & forecasting processes
- Liaising collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders such as finance colleagues, external auditors and HMRC
- Providing proactive advice and input on tax technical areas such as loan relationships, and chargeable gains
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a qualification in professional accounting or proven accounting abilities. You’ll also have a tax managerial background in a UK professional firm or major organisation, along with significant and recent experience of corporation tax.
Additionally, you’ll demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of the loan relationship tax rules
- Good working knowledge of IAS12 and IFRS9
- Experience of treasury tax and tax budgeting / forecasting helpful, but not essential
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Demonstrable strong improver / innovator traits highly desirable
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.