Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Data & Analytics Manager
- This is an excellent opportunity to take on a purpose-led leadership role in a cutting edge Data & Analytics team
- It’s an exciting time to join us on our journey to putting data at the heart of how we do business and serve our customers well
- Expect to grow your network and enjoy great visibility both for you and your work, as you play an important role delivering our strategy to become a relationship bank for a digital world
What you'll do
Data, now more than ever, is crucial for supporting our customers and understanding them better so we can meet their needs and drive better outcomes. As our Data & Analytics Manager, you will work closely with colleagues across Commercial Bank and NatWest Markets, using advanced analytics to gain a deeper understanding of our stakeholders’ needs and bringing your expertise to solve business problems in line with our purpose.
As well as this, you’ll guide and coach your colleagues to develop business solutions which increase the understanding of our business, including our customers, processes, channels and products.
Your other key responsibilities will involve:
- Working closely with business stakeholders to define detailed, often complex and ambiguous business questions, problems or opportunities
- Communicating data and analytics opportunities and bringing them to life in a way that business stakeholders can understand and engage with
- Planning and delivering data and analytics resource, expertise and solutions, which brings commercial and customer value to business problems
- Exploring, adopting and embedding new tools, technologies and methodologies to coach your colleagues
- Developing strong and lasting stakeholder relationships to bring together advanced analytics, data science and data engineering work that is easily understandable and links back clearly to our business needs
The skills you'll need
To make an impact with us, your data experience and leadership qualities will be key. You’ll be able to demonstrate your experience in advanced analytics, along with your ability to simplify data into clear data visualisations and compelling insights for your stakeholders.
An understanding of investment and commercial banking would be helpful, as would a consulting background.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Deep analytical skills, with evidence of performing complex analysis
- Team management experience, including hiring, coaching and developing a team of analysts
- The ability to face off to senior stakeholders as well as technical experts within a data and analytics environment
- An understanding of investment and commercial banking would be helpful
- Excellent knowledge of data management practices and principles
- Deep knowledge of data engineering, data science and decisioning disciplines
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.