Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Development Manager
- You’ll play an important part in enhancing the bank’s reputation and delivering value for our stakeholders
- You’ll ensure project deliverables can achieve customers’ goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership
- You’ll set the strategic direction of the team, supported by the senior technical members
What you'll do
As a Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of strategic and tactical projects, delivering agreed business outcomes and co-ordinating various technology and change teams to achieve this.
Your role will also involve:
- Building effective relationships with stakeholders, both directly and via the project team, to ensure timely delivery of solutions which support the business
- Ensuring that the reputation of the bank is built, safeguarded, and kept foremost in mind while interacting with all stakeholders
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need good practical knowledge of architectural approaches and patterns such as APIs and microservices in a mixed legacy and green field application platform environment.
You’ll work in partnership with groups drawn from other areas across the bank such as infrastructure, security, and other engineering teams to establish a reusable, resilient, scalable native cloud hosting pattern.
You’ll also need:
- Knowledge of a range of concepts such as cloud migrations, CI/CD, elastic scale, containerisation, infrastructure automation as a service, canary releases, and DevOps
- Extensive and detailed engineering experience, with a background in software development and solution design
- Experience of native cloud implementations, GCP would be of particular interest, importantly this must include knowledge of associated tooling, and assurance within a large, regulated organisation
- The ability to drive the establishment of a departmental level DevOps operating model and tools such as GitLab
- Leadership of mixed skillset teams directly and via a matrix structure, based globally, in the delivery of large scale, fast paced change using agile methodologies
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.