Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Electronic Trading Risk & Control Management Associate
- We’ll look to you to analyse risk relating to electronic trading, and support the delivery of risk management projects
- Working closely with key stakeholders, you'll enhance risk management across electronic trading
- The work you do will ultimately keep the bank and our customers safe
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll assist in the identify and analyse risk relating to electronic trading. You'll monitor existing control frameworks and identify areas for improvement.
You’ll also be:
- Supporting with the identification and logging of key non-market risks inherent in the electronic trading businesses
- Performing analysis on identified risks to support the development or enhancements of appropriate controls
- Assisting Risk functions and Internal Audits with reviews of the relevant control landscape
- Assisting with electronic trading regulatory enquiries
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience of, or strong interest in, financial services businesses, including investment banking, and a foundation of technical and analytical skills.
You’ll ideally bring knowledge of algorithmic trading and products, paired with a risk-based mind set, to understand the risks associated with algorithmic trading. In addition, you’ll need experience in change and delivering change in a constantly evolving environment. Experience of working with senior traders and technologists would be advantageous.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Familiarity with fixed income and currencies markets regulation, electronic trading concepts and risks
- The ability to apply a technical understanding to data in order to solve complex problems
- The ability to adapt to changing market situations, technology and business needs
- Reliability when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.