Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United States and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United States.
Purpose of the role:
The role exists within a eFX Digital technology team to provide technical analysis and associated solutions for a set of applications in production and to ensure their availability for the business as per agreed Service Level Expectations (SLE) or requirements
• Lead the regional eFX support team and own all the book of work related to the role.
· Design and pursue automated solution / support tools for repetitive manual effort
· Embrace best practice within the department and share this across technology where possible
· Learn the application and the associated business functionality
· Build and maintain the run books for key activities such as DR, Changes etc
· Actively own and maintain support documentation
· Work collaboratively with other teams across geographies keeping the business priorities in mind
· Achieve a more productive support environment by actively seeking improvement avenues
· Provide support during new releases into the production environment
· Implement emergency changes with necessary assistance from developers and other IT teams
· Develop strong relationship with the development and infrastructure support teams to resolve production issues in a timely manner
· Ensure availability of applications as per agreed Service Level Expectations or requirements by monitoring applications, related jobs and resolving issues
· Provide a timely and effective response to user queries by analysing, investigating and fixing them as required
· Ensure proper stakeholder communication and escalation as required
· Perform ‘root cause’ analysis of user issues, provide immediate workaround for critical problems
Working in shifts and weekends.
· Good knowledge of the Markets and Banking business and FX products traded.
· Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
Front to back awareness of processes within an investment bank (from sales to back office)
· Experience of performing a similar role in a leading global Investment bank
· Experience in eFX trading platforms
Experience in Front Office platforms
· Good general awareness of Information Security policies and Technology Risk Management from an enterprise / banking systems context
Unix, Scripting , Sybase, Oracle, FIX Protocol, Experience with FX Trading Platforms, KDB, Geneos, Splunk, Autosys
Experience wiht FX products, MS Office, Scripting
Essential : Tertiary/University degree level qualifications are expected
Desirable: ITIL Certification
It is the policy of NatWest Markets Securities Inc. and its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Opportunity Employer -Disabled/Veteran – review "EEO Is The Law", “EEO is the law- Supplement” & “Pay Transparency Provision” posters here.