Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Technology Risk and Controls Analyst in our first line Controls function (12 Months)
- If you’re looking for a new challenge and possess a good understanding of technology related risk and controls and knowledge or experience in retail or investment banking, this could be the ideal role for you
- You’ll work in partnership with the business teams in applying effective risk management and anticipating and assessing the potential impacts of control failures to risks across the bank
- By liaising closely with a range of stakeholders, you’ll have an opportunity to raise your profile across the bank as well as a strong focus on personal development
- We're offering this role for an initial period of 10-12 months
What you'll do
As a Technology Risk and Controls Analyst, you’ll have an opportunity to make a vital contribution to driving a generative culture of risk awareness and recommend solutions to operations’ risk issues within the businesses. You’ll strengthen the level of ownership within the Retail, Commercial & Institutional Chief Digital and Information Officers (CDIO) business teams, identifying and calling out areas of weakness and sharing best practices.
We’ll look to you to support the business in managing the risks which exist, making sure mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within a defined risk appetite. In addition, you'll deliver relevant risk activity to build credible and realistic plans to move and sustain a control environment certification rating within risk appetite.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Working in collaboration with other team members to escalate emerging risks in a timely manner, making sure actions are quickly defined and owned
- Developing and delivering a strong risk awareness across the business, contributing to the prioritisation, design and implementation of the operational risk principles into the business
- Building and maintaining trusted working partnerships across the bank and our franchises, to inform and gather intelligence on emerging and future risks and controls
- Implementing a robust governance framework that engages all relevant stakeholders to enable effective decision making and make sure that all aspects of risk and control management are delivered
- Developing and supporting the interrogation and analysis of relevant management information, supporting effective risk management on the part of your stakeholders
- Managing the interface between the business, internal audit, second line of defence and other critical functions, as well as the wider risk and controls teams
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll demonstrate knowledge of how a large financial services organisation operates and have a good understanding of working in a risk or controls role and have a good understanding of technology including investment banking systems.
You’ll also bring:
- A clear track record of achievement and delivery
- Knowledge of risk assessment and scenario analysis methodologies
- Knowledge of operational risk management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to influence at all levels
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.