Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Automation Analyst in Risk & Controls
- If you’re looking for a new challenge, where you can play a key role in developing automation solutions to reduce the manual effort and efficiency generation, this could be the ideal role for you
- Working in partnership with the first line of defence and businesses in applying automation solutions for effective controls assurance and risk management, you'll anticipate and assess the potential impacts of risk across the bank
- By liaising closely with a range of stakeholders, you’ll have an opportunity to raise your profile across the bank as well as a strong focus on personal development
What you'll do
You’ll play a key role in delivering automation solutions through implementation of RPA or other programming languages that support the Risk & Controls team in generating efficiency, consistency, coverage, with an opportunity to improve the understanding and effective management of risk across the bank. You'll also be developing and supporting the Services Controls automation function in the end-to-end implementation of RPA or automation solutions with UiPath or other programming languages as per the functional specifications provided.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Providing on going operational support including upgrades, defect fixes and any process change activities
- Analysing, designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Taking responsibility for project activities including work estimation, planning, stakeholder management and project quality
- Supporting the team in onboarding controls and risk on Governance Risk & Compliance implementation tools like ServiceNow
- Developing and supporting the interrogation and analysis of relevant management information, supporting effective risk management on the part of your stakeholders
- Building and maintaining trusted working partnerships across the bank and our franchises, to inform and gather intelligence on emerging and future risks and controls
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll demonstrate knowledge of how a large financial services organisation operates. You'll bring experience of working in automation development for first or second lines of defence teams. It would be ideal if you have knowledge of operational risk management with excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to influence at all levels.
You’ll also bring:
- Development work experience in the end-to-end implementation of RPA or automation solutions with UiPath
- Surface automation knowledge and experience of working with PDF, images and OCR integration
- Broad technical and IT knowledge including programming languages, databases and operating systems
- Experience in tools supporting automation solutions like BitBucket, Git, Jira or similar
- Strong knowledge of mail automation, VBA Macro, Microsoft Office and basic level PowerShell scripting skills
- Exposure to controls testing and the ability to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of controls to identify any potential risks to the business
- Exposure to tools like ServiceNow, Jenkins, SLX and CyberArk
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.