Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Core Treasury Team Lead
- Take on a key role in which you’ll be supporting the delivery and integrity of Treasury Finance controls and regulatory information
- We’ll look to you to understand, deliver and supervise delivery of daily finance control activities
- It’s a chance to develop your existing skills and build working relationships with colleagues, leveraging off best practice across the wider Finance function
What you'll do
This role will see you working with front office, middle office and balance sheet management teams regarding issuance, maturities and any buy-back initiatives. We’ll look to you to understand the bank’s exposure to non-traded market risk as well as understand valuation of different treasury products and perform independent verification of the price.
You’ll also maintain involvement with the capital activities in core legal entities, such as dealing with subsidiary investments, dividend income and expense, monitoring capital instruments and understanding capital hedges and related cash flow hedging activities.
Day-to-day, you’ll also be:
- Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly and yearly statuary disclosures for the bank
- Running complex accounting routines around term debt
- Supporting new initiatives proposed by the Treasury business desks, and overseeing the preparation of MI and presentations to senior management
- Supporting projects, covering controls enhancement, efficiency initiatives and strategic developments, in order to provide business advantage
- Initiating and leading discussions with different stakeholders and business to understand their requirement and delivering on those
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a background in product control or highly complex financial control within a global bank. You’ll have knowledge of a banking environment, with an understanding of treasury products as well as valuation knowledge and an understanding of the drivers of valuation.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- An understanding of rates and foreign exchange derivatives, funding markets and basic statistical concepts
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply finance knowledge and experience to a diverse range of financial issues
- Experience of managing a small team of finance professionals
- Experience of working and building strong business relationships in a changing environment