Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Risk Market Data Associate
- You’ll provide assistance to auditors in relation to market data and market data system matters
- This is an intellectually challenging role, where you’ll be able to hone your experience of market risk and advance your career
- You’ll interact with relevant teams to resolve feed and system issues
What you'll do
As a Risk Market Data Associate, you’ll complete the accurate and timely feed of data to ensure correct risk is captured in the risk model as per regulatory guidelines and regulations, providing input for capital calculations and ensuring correct market data methodologies are applied to all products.
Your role will also involve:
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting, both internal and regulatory, in relation to market data
- Working directly with risk managers to determine suitable sources of data, and suitable proxies where no such source exists
- Producing impact analysis reports following changes to market data
- Assisting in requirements gathering for market data systems as used within market and counterparty credit risk
- Providing input on the architecture of market data platforms, and methods of data delivery
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need significant experience of data analysis with large complex structures and volumes with ability to run controls and analyse underlying risk issues.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to grasp steep learning curves and fundamental understanding of basic finance concepts
- An understanding of VAR and counterparty credit risk
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work closely with other teams, in particular risk methodology specialists and risk managers
- Experience of working with and sourcing data from external data vendors
- Familiarity with relevant tools and software