Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Poland and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Poland.
Join us as a Finance Controls Senior Analyst
- This role will see you work with staff in Finance business units to embed a robust operational risk and controls framework that complies with the Bank’s Operational Risk Handbook
- You’ll support and coach the business to develop, implement and deliver the area's risk profile in line with the agreed objectives and targets
- Take this unique opportunity to be at the forefront of risk management, helping to provide a safer environment for the bank and our customers
- This role is for a period of 12 months
What you'll do
You’ll proactively monitor the risk profile of the area to identify hotspots, emerging issues and areas for development, making appropriate recommendations and supporting the delivery of risk improvements. We’ll also look to you to make a contribution to strategies and plans that position the organisation to effectively achieve our goals.
On top of this, you’ll promote the sharing of best practice in relation to quality and control, channelling key learnings between quality and controls and the operation to develop processes that enable excellent customer outcomes within a safe environment.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Assessing and designing risk issues and action plans, making sure they are effectively managed across a wide range of stakeholders to deliver sustainable closure within appropriate timescales
- Supporting, attending and influencing appropriate meetings to drive forward activity
- Presenting findings and recommendations to appropriate audiences
- Making sure all risks are accurately documented, and are accurately updated over the resolution period
- Supporting senior management to plan and deliver against a range of risk issues and actions through the entire life cycle, including risk governance processes
- Maintaining key operational risk data including risk assessments, controls, testing, issues and events
- Delivery of controls testing plans, including carrying out testing of key controls
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
You’ll also bring:
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills, with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate issues
- Experience of supporting and influencing senior management
- The ability to perform under pressure
- Sound knowledge of business processes