Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Middleweight UI Designer
- We'll look to you to be a passionate advocate for great customer experiences, bringing your creative and strategic thinking skills
- You'll be at the forefront of design solutions that employ and improve our principles, standards and design patterns
- In return, you’ll have a genuine impact on our customers, and will be well positioned to gain recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
As a Middleweight UI Designer, you’ll be designing compelling websites and software applications which create seamless customer experiences across desktop and mobile platforms. You’ll enjoy collaborating with a range of stakeholders on a daily basis, including UX designers, product owners, researchers, digital experience managers and developers, working closely with them to help ensure great digital experiences.
Day to day, you’ll also be:
- Providing pixel-perfect designs to meet the needs of our customers and fulfil business objectives
- Problem solving and turning customer insights into designed digital experiences
- Producing hi-fidelity UI to effectively communicate design ideas and define visual language, design standards, patterns and principles that centre around customer value, best practice, engagement, consistency and re-use
- Helping your colleagues to produce visual designs iteratively, working closely with UX designers to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Participating in ideation, brainstorming and critic workshops for strategic programmes and work streams
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a passion for visual design and experience designing customer facing digital applications and products. You’ll be comfortable working in a fast-paced and data-driven environment, and you’ll need to have great communication and collaboration skills.
As well as this, you’ll need:
- Experience of supporting UCD processes and creating materials to support effective user testing and concept communication
- The ability to work with a disciplined UCD approach and present work with the rationale behind it
- An understanding of user research and the benefits these insights have on design solutions
- Experience of creating solutions that combine the needs of the customer with the needs of a business
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.